Jasper Set (Half-Pans)
The Jasper Set (Half-Pans) is a limited collection of earth colours curated by Peppercon.
This little travel set contains 3 colours made from pigments from the same precious gem stone. Jasper, commonly known to be red in colour, actually comes naturally in a variety of colours. We feel very lucky to have found some of these pigments in Japan and to be able to bring together this small edition for you!
Here are the colours included:
- Jasper Grey*
- Jasper Red
- Jasper Brown
* Please note Jasper Grey may appear in different tones within a pan due to the nature of this specific pigment drying in different layers at a different rate. This will not affect the quality or outcome of the paint.
This set also includes:
- A small travel tin
- A hand-painted colour chart
- A strong magnet has been attached to each pan for your convenience
- All colours will be wrapped individually in foil to protect them during delivery
These artist-grade paints are all hand-mulled in tiny batches by me in Melbourne, Australia. I sourced and tested pigments from both local and international suppliers to create this collection. I made my own binder which includes natural ingredients such as gum, honey and a little bit of natural preservative. Each pigment has its own recipe as they react very differently when mixed. I have spent hours and made countless batches of test paint to get a good balance of pigment to binder. Unlike many commercial watercolours, no fillers are used in the process, only binder and pigment. In some colours, up to 70% pigment was used. All pans are hand-poured and dried gradually in three layers to ensure they are fully filled. It takes at least two weeks to complete each pan depending on the weather and the pigment.
Please note, even though I tried my best to make each pan perfect, they won't be. Some cracking might appear on some colours due to the climate or the pigment. Cracking in the pan will not affect the use or the ability of the paint to re-wet.
Do not eat or drink when you use them and make sure you wash your hand thoroughly after usage.
- They are definitely not for human consumption!
- Keep out of reach of small children and animals.
- Please consult a medical professional in case of emergency.
These pigments have an 'excellent' lightfastness rating. The colour index is indicated on the packaging for your information.
Thank you for visiting my shop!